Team Humane League – Team Captain
Team Captains will take the lead in recruiting and motivating their team members throughout the campaign season (August through December) and be the point person for their team on race day. Captains will set a positive example for their team with their personal fundraising efforts; they will also lead team training and fundraising efforts throughout the season. Team Humane League participants are animal-loving runners, swimmers, cyclists, and athletes of all abilities who are joining together to raise money to reduce farm animal suffering in partnership with The Humane League.
Team Captains will work closely with their local Grassroots Director and the National Team Humane League Coordinator.
- Recruit team members through your existing social networks.
- Set a good example for your team by actively raising money throughout the campaign season and committing to raise a minimum of $500 towards your team goal.
- Inspire team members throughout the campaign season. Engage with all members and encourage them through the training process, whether they are a beginner or experienced athlete.
- Foster a community of inclusiveness amongst your team. Make a point to engage with all team members, especially those who may be new to Team Humane League and do not yet know other participants.
- Co-host your local Team Humane League kick-off event in partnership with your local Grassroots Director.
- Lead at least one team activity per month during the campaign season. This includes training activities (like group runs or workouts) and fundraising events (like spin classes or bake sales).
- Document team meet-ups and training sessions, especially including photos with items from sponsor companies.
- Communicate regularly (via email, social media, phone calls, text) with your team members to coach and motivate them towards their fundraising goal.
- Serve as the primary liaison between your team and your local Grassroots Director and/or National Team Humane League Coordinator.
- Participate in monthly Team Leader check-in calls.
- Take the lead in motivating your teammates on event day. Communicate with supporters who will be cheering your team on, providing them with access to branded signs.
- Ability to build relationships with team members of all ages and athletic levels
- Strong motivational skills
- Familiarity with social media
- Enthusiasm for The Humane League’s mission
- Willingness to fundraise for THL and support your team members in their fundraising efforts
- Dedication to leadership and teamwork